Saturday Keigo Erimuya was a surprise name on the Nigeria U-23 30 man list for the Brazil friendly and owngoalnigeria.com takes a look at who exactly is the 18 year old.
1. He was born in Benin City Edo State on the 10th of January 1998.
2. Erimuya predominantly a central defender joined Turkish second division side Kayseri Erciyesspor from Benin based football academy BJ Foundation FC.
3. AT BJ Foundation FC, the 18 year old was the captain of the team that sent shockwaves in Nigeria football two seasons ago by qualifying for the quater-finals of the Nigeria FA cup otherwise known as Federation Cup.
4. He didn’t play a single level of league football in Nigeria before moving to Turkey in January.
5. He spent six years at BJ Foundation FC rising from a trainee to captaining the team before he left to join Kayseri Erciyesspor
6. He was signed on the 29th of January by Kayseri Erciyesspor alongside three others to beef up the team and help them escape relegation to the non professional division in Turkey
7. His strength mainly lies in his pace and ability to dispose attackers with ease and set up attacks from the rear, He is also a good header of the ball.
8. The Kayseri Erciyesspor centre back was spotted alongside Granada’s Isacc Success by the Nigeria U-17 team handlers in 2013 after a friendly game against his team BJ Foundation
9. He was a last minute omission from the Nigeria U-17 team that won the World Youth Championship in 2013.
10. His current deal with Kayseri Erciyesspor is a loan deal that will terminate at the end of the season if they fail to beat the drop to the third division in Turkey, they are presently bottom of the second division.