When the Nigeria U-23 list of 30 players to prosecute the Brazil friendly was announced two days back Iyayi Atiemwen Believe is one name many asked about.
Owngoalnigeria.com in it’s usual investigative style unveils ten facts about the 20 year old.
1. He was born on the 24 of January 1996 in Ogbe, a community in Edo State Nigeria.
2. He first came to prominence as an 18 year old two seasons ago with Bendel Insurance in the Nigeria second division league where he was by far one of their best players.
3. The creative midfielder who is a very good dribbler later went to Cyprus although details of his exploits there still remain sketchy with some speculating he didn’t play due to the poor contractual fee he was offered.
4. He presently plays for Kayseri Erciyesspor in Turkey, a team he joined on the 28 of January 2016 on a three and half year deal which will terminate on the 31st of May 2019.
5. The Turkish team reportedly signed him fo 50, 000 Euros.
6. He is one of three Nigerians on the club books, the other being fellow U-23 invitee Saturday Erimuya and Ayodeji Kabir completes the trio who were all signed on same day.
7. Like his other Nigeria counterparts at the club,Iyayi is yet to make his debut for the main team of the Turkish second division strugglers so far he has played just once and that was for the U-21.
8. His statistics with the U-21 is not the best, with one red card to his name, sent off in the 83rd minutes against the U-21 of Alayanspor for two yellow card offenses.
9. He wore jersey number 8 in the game he played for the U-21 team but he is registered with jersey number 69 for the first team.
10. A forward who can also operates from the flanks or behind the main striker he is however yet to play any level of top flight football for the past one year.