Ahead of Samson Siasia’s first list as interim Super Eagles manager for the double header against Egypt, owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal the names of new players in the list.
1. Isacc Success: We gathered he is a sure banker to be in the team going by his recent exploits in the La-Liga with Granada aside that Super Eagles assistant manager Emmanuel Amuneke is a big fan of the 20 year old as he was an assistant coach when he burst on the scene at the U-17 level with Nigeria.
2. Raheem Lawal: Although not entirely new to the national team set up but his international absence since Nigeria’s failed attempt to qualify for AFCON 2015 might most likely come to an end although we learnt his inclusion is still debatable.
3. Omatsone Aluko: The Hull City forward is currently another name under consideration for the Egypt clash and he is not entirely new to the coaches of the team as he worked with Siasia at U-20 level and the new Eagles coach still remains a fan of the Anglo Nigerian.
4. Brown Ideye: Surprise? Yes Ideye is from what we gathered a sure bet to be in the squad for the Egypt game as the team handlers are looking for experience options in attack but his inclusion is seriously threatened by Anthony Ujah with Odion Ighalo and Kelechi Iheanacho the only two names guarantee to be in the team.
5. Kingsley Madu: The former youth international is staging a comeback to the team after losing his spot in the team during Sunday Oliseh’s eight months reign as Super Eagles coach, the AS Trencin left full back comes into the team at the expense of Chima Akas.