Liverpool have beaten Stoke to the signing of promising Bury teenager Emeka Obi.
The 15-year-old has agreed to join the Anfield club once they get approval from the Football League and Premier League over his visa as he has Nigerian heritage.
Here are five facts about the teen defender plus picture in Liverpool colours.
1. Obi made his professional debut in August, aged 15 years and 86 days, during Bury’s 4-1 victory over Morecambe in the Checkatrade Trophy.
2. Obi spent time on trial at Stoke City in the summer and the Potters were hoping to tie him down in January before Liverpool swoop on him.
3. Bury manager David Flitcroft handed the youngster his professional debut before labelling him the most talented youngster in the country.
4. He is nicknamed “Man Mountain” due to his impressive height. He presently stands at an impressive height of 6ft 5ins, even though he is just 15 years old.
5. Born in England to Nigerian parents , he qualifies to represent Nigeria and England but he is yet to be capped by any of the nation.