Much have been said about Lukman Zakari, the 17 year old Nigeria defender who helped Nigeria lift the U-17 world cup in Chile.
Owngoalnigeria.com take a look at some statistic that might have convinced the Tunisians he is one for the future.
1. He played in all of Nigeria’s game at the U-17 world cup, seven in total and didn’t pick up a single yellow card throughout the tournament.
2. More impressively he committed only three fouls throughout the tournament, One against USA and two against Chile.
3. Lukman Zakari also had more blocks in the tournament than any other defender making 24 blocks, four more than any other defender at the tournament.
4. The 17 year old played in all of the games at the U-17 world cup with a broken toe picked up in Argentina during camping.
5. He also had more interceptions than any defender at the championship making 22 interceptions, twelve more than any other defender.