Coach of Manchester United Jose Mourinho has named teenage Nigerian defender Matthew Olosunde in his matchday squad for the game against Arsenal later today.
Owngoalnigeria.com bring to five facts about the 19 year old who could make his debut for the Red Devils later today.
1. He Joined Manchester United 14 months ago from New York Red Bulls. His move was completed on the 29th of January last year but was not announced until March after he received international clearance.
2. Olosunde has started 14 games for the U-23s of Manchester United this season, with four assist and a goal to his name. A fine solo goal in the academy’s Dallas Cup win over Real Salt Lake last month.
3. His goal was among the nominations for Man Utd’s goal of the month for April. A sign of how glorious the goal was.
4. He has grown into a versatile player at Man United this season, although he has played mainly as a midfielder, he has also have spells as a full back in some of the games for the reserves.
5. Standing at an impressive height of 6ft 1ins, he is a USA junior international but also qualifies to represent Nigeria as his father is a Nigerian.