It’s no longer news that Manchester United fast rising teen prospect Tosin Kehinde has pledged his international future to Nigeria ahead of England as first reported by Owngoalnigeria.com.
However many Nigerians still don’t know the qualities of the 19 year old and how he will fit into the playing system of the Super Eagles of Nigeria, as well as his qualities as a midfielder.
England based Owngoalnigeria.com correspondent Michael James profiles the Lagos born midfielder with facts as well as his best position on the pitch of play especially this season for the Reserves of the Premier League giants.
1. Kehinde was born in Lagos but raised in the United Kingdom, where he turned out for Tottenham Hotspur before signing for Manchester United at the age of 13.
2. He made his debut for the U21s of Man United at the age of 16 coming on as a substitute in their win over Wolves. A sign of how well he is rated at the club.
3. He has trained with the first team of Manchester United severally this season. Something he said wasn’t his aim at the start of the season, as he was focused on pinning down a regular spot in the Reserve team.
4. Primarily a central midfielder in the mould of Super Eagles captain John Obi Mikel, although he is a bit quicker. He has also impressed playing from the left flank this season.
5. An astute passer with a high positional sense, he has added goal scoring to his game, and his goal against Chelsea was nominated for the club’s Goal of the month award for September.