The Nigeria U20 team have been training in Abuja for one week as they gear up for the Africa U20 Cup of Nations which will take place in Niger Republic next month and also serves as qualifiers for the World Youth Championship.
Owngoalnigeria.com has watched them play in three test games and two training session with the team picking up two wins which came in the games against Plateau United and Sergio FC respectively while they were held to a 1-1 draw by Niger Tornadoes.
With as many as 30 players watched so far, Owngoalnigeria.com picks five players who have been impressive so far in training and test games.
1. Peter Eneji ( AS Trencin) : Missed by the team during the qualifiers, he has showed his undoubted qualities since linking up with the team for preparations for the Africa U20 Cup of Nations. Always lively and eager to be on the ball.
2. Igho Ogbu ( Rosenborg) : The former assistant captain of the Nigerian U17 team of 2016 has added steel and ability to build from the rear to the team. He has impressed so far not just in his tackles but also in terms of using the ball.
3. Aliyu Bravo ( G-Smart FC) : Scored a brace against Sergio FC and the winner against Plateau United. Aliyu Ibrahim popularly known as Aliyu Bravo is for now the most prolific striker in the team. He has so far matched his performance in the U17 camp of Nigeria with the manner which he is scoring for the U20s.
4. Mike Zarumma ( Plateau United) : A right back who is very good in joining the attack. His ability to whip in telling crosses has also caught the eyes. His partnership with Ibrahim Abubakar Babawo on the right is something that could rattle teams in Niger next month.
5. Ibrahim Abubakar Babawo ( Plateau United) : Back to his original role as the right winger of the team unlike at the WAFU U20 Championship where he played as a full back. Babawo appears like someone who is yet to make a mistake since the start of training a year ago.